On a British Airways flight you can take your bike as a part of your FREE checked baggage allowance. If your fare doesn’t include checked baggage allowance or you need to take extra luggage with you, than a fee will apply.
You can take non-motorised bicycles of up to 190cm (75in) in length as part of your checked baggage allowance, provided: You let us know by calling our contact centre at least 72 hours or more before your flight to tell us that you are bringing your bike with you. This is no matter what cabin you are travelling in. We also need to know how big the bike box is and, if possible. Also how much it weighs so we can tell our baggage team.
If it’s a non-rigid bag, please make sure the handlebars are fixed sideways and the pedals removed or fixed inwards. It’s also best to reduce tyre pressures.
- Cost: Free if it falls within your checked baggage allowance
- Dimensions: 90 x 95 x 65cm (75 x 37.5 x 25.5in)
- Weight Allowance: 23kg (51lb)
- Overweight Charges: 23-32kg (51-70lb) 65 GBP / 75 EUR / 100 USD / 100 CAD per overweight bag and one-way journey. Per item
- Overweight Charges: Over 32kg (70lb) Will require shipping as cargo. Contact British Airways